The urge to travel! The feeling in itself is too strong. But now that we can start on short and long road trips within the state, we have to take the necessary measures and do so with care. So if you are giving that travel wanderlust a start in the form of a road trip, then this is your precautions and safety checklist you should follow!
1. The first thing you need to do is sanitize your car thoroughly. Wipe all the frequently touched surfaces with an alcohol-based sanitizer. A good thing to do is to get your vehicle serviced before your trip begins.
2. Pack a bunch of disposable tissues, sanitizers, and gloves. Keep extras. Carry extra masks and sanitizers.
3. Carry extra disposable bags to dispose of your waste on the way.
4. Carry extra drinking water. If you have to refill (which you should avoid), do so from verified places only. Buying packaged drinking water can always be a better idea.
5. Pack light but extra clothes for your road trip. You never know when you’d need a change in your clothes on the way. Keep scarves and cover-ups on the top so that you can use these more frequently.
6. Your footwear should be washable. So while packing, keep washable sandals and slippers.
7. Wherever you are headed, keep a list of COVID hospitals, testing centers, care centers, helpline numbers ready. This research work should be enough. Also, download the Aarogya Setu App and keep track of people near you.
8. While on the move, change your mask after every 10 hours.
9. Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, and mouth with non-sanitized hands. Of course, it can itch, so before touching your face, sanitize your hands.
10. Carry fruits, foods, and dry snacks from home. Avoid eating at roadside dhabas, stalls, etc. You cannot trust the hygiene.
11. Carry disposable cutlery. After use, discard them in disposable bags. Dump them safely in dustbins on the way.
12. Opt for online payment options as much as you can. If paying by cash, make sure you sanitize your currency sufficiently.
13. Follow social distancing protocol at all times.
14. If you are crossing states, quarantine as per the guidelines.
And most importantly, don’t forget to enjoy your road trip. If you are heading somewhere and staying, make sure to reserve the place in advance.
Follow social distancing at all times and travel safely.